Swiss Chard With Tomatoes and Potatoes
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil or butter
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh hot chiles to taste (about 1 jalapeno or 2 chile serrano), stemmed, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 ripe, medium tomato, cored and peeled
- OR 1/2 15-oz. can tomatoes, drained
- 2 medium boiling potatoes (red-skinned are good), cut in 3/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup broth or water
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, sliced in 1-inch strips
1.In a medium-size saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and chile, and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is lightly browned. Roughly chop the tomato, add to the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, to reduce the liquid.
2. Stir in the potatoes, broth, and salt. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until the potatoes are tender. Check the amount of liquid: you want about 1/4 cup left.
3.Mix in the chard, cover and cook over medium heat until tender. Taste for salt. Serve right away.
Dressing: In small bowl, mix all ingredients
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 20 min
Ready Time 35 min