Roasted Beets and Arugula with Gorgonzola/Walnut Dressing
- 1.5 lbs. beets
- 1/4th cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4th cup minced red onion
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 oz. Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup cream or milk
- Bunch of arugula greens
- Olive oil, salt, pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Coat beets with 1 Tbs. olive oil and cook at 425° for 40 minutes until beets are tender.
- Remove skins and slice.
- Toss with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8th tsp. pepper.
- Sauté walnuts in 2 Tbs. olive oil until browned.
- Cool and add red onion, 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar and 1/4th tsp. salt.
- Blend Gorgonzola and cream/milk and add to walnut mix.
- Serve beets atop a small portion of arugula greens and top with Gorgonzola/walnut mixture.