- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 (14 0z.) can plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1. Sauté onion in oil in a large skillet until soft, about 3 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes and vinegar and bring to a boil.
3. Add juice concentrate, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Stir in the remaining ingredients
5. Transfer to a food processor or blender and puree. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Hint: Will keep in a covered container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 20 min
Ready Time 35 min