Chieng Mai Salad
- 1 pound Crisp- Fried Tofu
- 2 stalks fresh lemon grass, finely chopped
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 3 to 6 red chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground roasted rice
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 10 sprigs Chinese parsley, chopped
- 12 mint leaves, chopped
- Lettuce leaves or cabbage squares
- Garnish: Green onions, sliced
- Mint leaves
Cube Crisp-Fried Tofu and set aside to cool. In a bowl combine tofu, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, chopped chili peppers, lime juice and fish sauce; mix well. Stir in ground rice, green onion, parsley and mint. Transfer to platter and serve room temperature with lettuce. Garnish with green onions and mint leaves. Makes 6 servings.
To prepare ground roasted rice place rice in a heavy pan over medium heat. Carefully brown the rice until dark brown. Set aside to cool. Place in a blender or a spice mill and reduce to a fine powder. Store in an airtight container.
the Chinese parsley. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
liquid. Fluff with fork before serving. Garnish with parsle
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 20 min
Ready Time 35 min