Brussels Sprouts with Orange Butter and Hazelnuts
- 2.5 lbs. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved through the stem end
- 6 Tbsps. butter
- 4 tsps. grated orange zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts (filberts), toasted, skinned and coarsely chopped
- Fill a large pot 3/4ths full with water and pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
- Add Brussels sprouts and boil until tender when pierced with a fork, about 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Put a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Add the orange zest and Brussels sprouts and stiff until the Brussels sprouts are heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a large warmed bowl. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts and serve all at once.