Black Bean Salad With Miso Sauce
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup dried snowcap or black beans
- 1 cup tofu
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup red diced pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 oz. miso, preferably white
- 4 oz. rice vinegar
- 1 or 2 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
1. Bring the water to a boil and add the beans. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the beans are tender but not mushy.
2. While the beans are cooking, cut the tofu into 1/2 inch squares, prepare the corn, dice the red pepper and scallion, and put them all in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the miso, vinegar and red pepper flakes.
3. When the beans are ready, drain them and run under cold water or put them in a bowl of ice water to cool. Add the beans to the bowl with the other ingredients, then add the miso dressing, and toss the mixture.
4 - 6 Servings
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 20 min
Ready Time 35 min