Black and White Bean Soup
- 2 cups dried black beans, soaked*
- 2 cups dried white beans, soaked*
- 10 cups water or Light Vegetable Stock
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- 5 Tablespoons red wine vinegar or brown rice vinegar
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper
1. Drain the beans and place them in separate pots. Add 5 cups water orstock to each pot.
2. To the black beans add 6 cloves of the garlic, the coriander, and half the oil. Simmer until the beans are tender, about 50 minutes. Puree in several batches in a blender or in a food processor. Return to the pot. Season to taste with the salt and cook 5 minutes longer.
3. To the white beans add the remaining garlic, the vinegar, the jalapeno pepper, and the remaining oil. Simmer until the beans are tender, about 50 minutes.
* Soak the beans separately.
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 20 min
Ready Time 35 min