Spanakopita – Greek Cheese Triangles
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready Time:
- 1/2 lb Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 lb Jack or muenster cheese grated
- 1/2 lb Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 2 lbs Spinach - cooked in wine w/ salt
- 2 Egg
- 1/2 cup Fresh Dill
- 1 to 2 Shallots, minced or to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Pine Nuts, toasted
- Ground white pepper to taste
- 1 lb Phyllo (makes about 50)
- 6 tbsp Toasted Sesame seeds
- 2 sticks Unsalted butter
Preheat Oven to 425o F.
1. Cook Spinach. Press as much liquid as possible out of spinach.
2. Combine every thing except phyllo, sesame and butter in food processor. Mix until smooth, season to taste.
3. Brush one strip of phyllo at a time with melted butter. Cover remaining with waxed paper and a damp towel.
4. Place one teaspoon of the filling at one end of each strip and fold over and over into a small triangle. While folding, make sure that the bottom edge is parallel with the alternate edge. Repeat until all the filling is used. Place triangles on a buttered cookie sheet.
5. Brush each triangle with ore butter, sprinkle with more melted butter, sprinkle with sesame seeds , and bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes.